Posting on social media is a MUST if you’re aspiring to become a popular influencer. But, with the millions of accounts and posts that circulate daily, it can be hard to launch your content to the top. Here are our 10 tips on how to generate more likes, engagement, and popularity for your posts.
1. Make sure you have a Professional Account. Don’t know what this is? Go to “Edit Profile” on your account. Scroll to the bottom and click “Switch to Professional Account.” Having a professional account also makes your profile seem more…well…professional! Just take a look at our Instagram page! People will take you more seriously if you have this type of account. You also get access to analytics and many other features that help you get real-time data on how your posts are performing.
2. Utilize the “Promote” button. Once you’ve switched over to a Professional Account, you’ll notice that blue buttons that say “Promote” will pop up under your posts. Promoting posts allows you to get your pics on other people’s feeds, even if they don’t follow you yet. This feature also allows you to pick who you want to see your post! You can let Instagram’s algorithm select people for you, or you can specify a certain location that your post will be circulated through. Keep in mind, this feature does cost money, but a small investment now could mean a huge following later! You can also use a similar feature on Twitter as well!
3. Make sure you are using the RIGHT hashtags. Make sure the hashtags you’re using are relevant to your brand and your content. Hashtags can be essential in launching an upcoming influencer to stardom. Try and come up with a unique hashtag that no one has used yet that can set you apart from everyone else. When using a hashtag with multiple words, it’s best to capitalize the first letter of each word so people can read it easily. On platforms like Twitter, you can see what hashtags are trending every hour. Visit the Trending Page on your favorite platform to see what thousands are talking about!
4. Post consistently! Social media algorithms will begin to do the work for you if you post consistently. The more active and social you are, the more people see your posts, which generates more likes, which then leads to your content getting streamlined on the Explore Page. According to sproutsocial.com, the best time to post on Facebook is Wednesday’s at 11 a.m and between 1 to 2 p.m. For Instagram, Wednesdays at 11 a.m or Friday’s from 10 a.m to 11 a.m. The best times for Twitter are Wednesdays and Fridays at 9 a.m. SproutSocial also concluded that weekends are some of the worst days to post throughout all platforms. However, don’t let this prevent you from posting on other days. Just be aware of its ever-changing formula and make sure you’re using it to your advantage.
5. Create Carousels to show off more content. Carousels are when you post multiple images or videos in one single post. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and others all have their limits on the number of media clips you can include in a single post, but this allows for a more interesting piece of content. This also keeps people scrolling on your post for a longer period of time, since there is more to look at. When making a Carousel, come up with an enticing caption that persuades your audience to look at all of the photos in the post.
6. Engage with your audience! Whenever you get a comment or a new follower, reaching out and acknowledging them can go a long way. In terms of replying to comments, this is a no brainer, since every comment increases the total number of comments on a post. So, if you have 3 comments on your post and you reply to each one, that gives you a total of 6 comments. More comments equal more engagement. And since we know that social media algorithms favor high engagement, this is a simple way to boost your posts. Also, the more friendly and active you are with your audience, the more likely they will be to continue engaging with your posts. It also makes you look more relatable and nice, which is always a plus!
7. Plan your posts. Creating a schedule for your posts can help you stay organized. Whether you set weekly schedules or monthly, this strategy can help you make deadlines and boost your engagement. Finding platforms that can automatically post things for you are great as well. It’s no secret that the life of an influencer can get pretty busy. Rather than worrying about being on the platform at the right time of day to get your post out there, invest in schedule posting. This allows you to create posts ahead of time and select the day, time and platform that they get uploaded. This lets you be able to go about your day without stressing over getting your posts out on time.
8. Tag other influencers or celebs in your posts. Tagging can be a great tool on social media. This allows for people searching for that certain person to find your posts and content. Plus, this could also serve as an opportunity for these other influencers or celebs to notice you! Whether the person is in the picture you post or not, utilizing tags can get you seen by a new audience.
9. Promote your profiles on other platforms. It’s key to promote your accounts on multiple platforms to increase your overall audience. Include your other account handles in your bios on all platforms. This allows others to find you in the social media world. Keeping your username the same on all platforms is the easiest way to do this. As we learned earlier, consistency is key!
10. Match your content to each platform. Each social media platform is different and enjoyed based on different reasons. Instagram is more for aesthetic photos and highlight reels of your day to day life. Twitter is popular for quick updates, comedy, and shorter bits of content. Tik Tok is good for video content (obviously) and following trends. Make sure you know the niche of each platform and post accordingly. Have a cute pic of you at the beach with your friends, Instagram it! Have a funny one-liner, Tweet it! Want to show off a new dance you just learned, make a Tik Tok! As we learned from Kendall Marie C., keep your platforms separate!
We hope these tips give you the tools to become the next social media star! Make sure to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for more New Celebrity content. Have any other tips on how to boost your social media? Leave your tips in the replies below!
BY: MAC PATEFIELD January 17, 2021