Are you wanting to take the next big step in your life and start the journey to become an influencer? Lucky for you, THE Kameron Price is here to assist you in your digital media adventures. Take a look at these pieces of advice from our newest Featured Influencer!
New Celebrity Entertainment has had the pleasure of unveiling Kameron Price as one of our newest Featured Influencers. Between expressing his vibrant personality and delving deep into his interest in fashion, Kameron had a lot to say about the in’s and out’s of what it means to be an influencer.
- Take nothing personally and don’t let anything stop you from doing what you want to do. When working in this industry, Kameron expressed the need to build a thick skin and understand that no comments thrown at you define who you are. Whether it be a harsh piece of feedback from your superior or a nasty hate comment, Kameron advises everyone to internalize that at the end of the day, nobody truly knows you like you. When asked about dealing with haters, Kameron said, “You don’t even know me, you know me from a photo.” Find ways to understand your worth and hold that close as you ride the waves of hate and criticism!
2. Understand the meanings of “yes” and “no.” Kameron gave us some great wisdom on this topic, imploring readers to “understand the word ‘no’ doesn’t mean you failed, and understand hearing the word ‘yes’ doesn’t mean you succeeded.” With the digital media industry being as competitive as it is, this is an extremely valuable piece of advice to hear. Don’t let the word “no” stop you from achieving your goals. Kameron also made sure to emphasize, “even if you fail, you are not a failure.” So take Kameron’s word for it and keep on keeping on through any low moment to keep working towards your dreams!
3. Learn how to take a step back and learn from your mistakes. Especially in this time of COVID, there is plenty of downtime for personal reflection. Kameron mentioned to New Celebrity Entertainment how the vastness and pace of the entertainment industry can be so fast and instantaneous that it can become very hard to remove yourself from the hecticness and take a moment to analyze. By taking time to reflect on your progress, mistakes, and successes, allows you to further understand where you are headed on your path. As exciting and thrilling as the influencer life may be, do your best to take time for yourself and make sure you’re still working to make your original dreams become a reality.
4. When it comes to anxiety, caused by the fast-paced life of LA, just find your own way of tackling it and push through. Kameron says: “Once you’re put in the situation once, you’ll know how to deal with it the next time.” This is a great tip on how one can bust through moments of anxiety or pressure. Kameron told us he is no stranger to feeling anxiety, but that each time is easier once you figure out how to handle it on your own, and what methods work best for you. So just remember, when you think you’ve hit that major anxiety moment, just find what works for you to calm yourself down, but make sure to remember that method so you can put it into use for next time.
5. Adapting to the state of society is a must for an influencer. When asked how he’s adapting to the Coronavirus, Kameron said, “If this is how the world is going to operate, you gotta learn to operate with it and move and shake.” It’s no secret that social media stars have seen a change in their content as this virus has taken over the globe. It is advised that as you adapt amidst this global pandemic, you are still being safe and prioritizing those around you. However, this doesn’t mean you still can’t put out great content! Influencers have the luxury of being able to create as usual from home and still maintain their livelihoods. So, use that to your advantage! Put a hold on in-person collaborations, and do something through Zoom instead! Head over to a streaming platform to engage with your fans. There are many ways one can adapt in this time, so make sure you’re building a strategy on how you can succeed in a time like this.
6. Never forget where you started. Kameron had a lot to say on remaining genuine. “Remember why you started, if you came here for a purpose, remember that purpose. Don’t get caught up in the glitz and glamour of the LA lifestyle.” This is huge for all aspiring influencers. Your fans will love you for simply being yourself, so try not to alter your image based on others or what you expect the industry would want from you. Stick to your roots and trust in the process. As Kameron says, “Never change yourself for someone or to fit in elsewhere.” Your best content can come from genuine, spontaneous moments, so don’t be afraid to stray away from the trends and just post something you love!
7. When it comes to networking, keep your energy up and don’t plead for an opportunity. Take Kameron for example and do what you can to be genuinely yourself. Kameron told us that people in the industry can read energies pretty well. If you want to make a good impression and build your network, don’t try to schmooze or try too hard. Just be confident and yourself and if something comes from it, then that’s great! Kameron’s specific tips for networking are to, one, find your way in. Second, make sure you give off positive energy. Next, make sure you have a pitch ready, whether it be on yourself or an idea you have. Finally, never beg. You want to get hired or recognized because people see your worth, not because you pleaded endlessly for something to be given to you, Earn your successes!
BY: MAC PATEFIELD January 14, 2021