In case you may have missed it, New Celebrity Entertainment recently revealed Kendall Marie C. as one of our Featured Influencers! Kendall is known on the internet for her bubbly personality, her viral Tik Toks, and her radiant modeling career as a curvy model. We dive deeper into Kendall’s background and how she made it to “influencer status” in our first article on the glitter superstar: Kendall Marie C.: The Curve Model Taking the Internet by Storm. She’s currently working with Rihanna’s major lingerie brand, SavagexFenty, and has collaborated with other boutique shops such as Simply Cheeky Bikinis.
To get all of the details on Kendall’s modeling journey and to hear exclusive information on what it’s like working with SavagexFenty, make sure to read, From Glitter to Gold: How Kendall Marie C. Became a Model for Rihanna’s SavagexFenty.
Now that we all know Kendall Marie C., let’s let her do the talking. During our interview, Kendall shared some highly valuable advice for any up-and-coming, aspiring influencers out there. Let’s get right into Kendall Marie C.’s top 8 pieces of advice on how to become a successful influencer.
- Take advantage of your passion – and potential success – when it comes to creating content! Kendall has a yearning to become a Marine Biologist one day, but told us that she is focusing on modeling and influencing right now, knowing that school will always be there for her in the future. Don’t lose your passion for content creation! Keep it up and have fun along the way.
- Sometimes, an old video can launch you to viral status. After digging through her phone one day, Kendall came across an older video of her brother surprising their parents with blue hair at Church. Kendall knew the video was funny and posted it on Tik Tok for good fun. Little did she know that that video was popping off on Tik Tok, generating her thousands upon thousands of views and likes. Do you have a video that’s been sitting on your phone that has the potential for internet popularity?
- Remember the reality of social media, and don’t let it get to your head. Kendall reminded us that social media, especially on Instagram, only captures a moment, not someone’s entire personality. So, don’t get caught up in someone’s highlight reel and remember that everyone still has their low moments, they just may not be posting about them online. Everyone’s human, including you, so pick your chin up, keep your content up, and try not to compare yourself to others.
- Value what makes you the best content creator you can be. Kendall shared that she knows to value her personality, her caring heart, and her humor over her physical features. Rather than dwelling on what you may be lacking in, use your strengths to your advantage! Make comedic content if you love your sense of humor, post those Outfit of the Day pics if you’re confident with your style. Let your creative flag wave freely!
- Find a way to incorporate your other passions into the goals you set and the content you create. Kendall loves the ocean and hopes to call the beach her office one day. Even though we know she’s focusing on modeling right now, she shared that her goals are to work with beach-centered brands in the future, such as Billabong and Roxy. She even dreams of being featured in Sports Illustrated one day, which consistently features coastal settings as the backdrops for their cover shoots. All in all, find a way to put as much of yourself and your interests into your content as you’d like! Then you are truly immersed and happy with the content you are producing.
- Have courage and don’t be afraid to make that big leap. Kendall went viral for walking down the streets of Los Angeles, bearing nothing on top but glitter covering her entire chest. When the company that hosted the photoshoot, Go Get Glitter, was searching for models, Kendall almost didn’t apply. But, with confidence, Kendall sent in her application and the company immediately reached out to her, asking her to be a part of their project! That act of bravery landed Kendall on the cover of Daily Mail and is the reason why she is instantly recognized as “The Glitter Chick.”
- To the best of your ability, never let the hate comments affect you. It is no question that internet hate is unfortunately a big thing that celebrities and influencers face constantly. Kendall admits that she receives these types of comments on her posts, but she tries to find the humor in it. Kendall told us her favorite comment she receives in this genre is “you’re a whale” to which Kendall comedically responds, “what kind of whale?” Talk about incorporating your other passions into your content creation! So whether it be through humor or another way of coping, do whatever works best for you to keep yourself from getting down in the dumps about the hateful comments.
- Keep your accounts separate. Kendall explained that she uses Instagram as a modeling portfolio. She even shared the inside scoop that modeling agencies aren’t asking for website portfolios or a reel of photos, they are asking for Instagram handles. So, make sure your content that you want to make it big is on its own account. Keep a personal account for your friends and family on the down low, and broadcast your creations on a different account. Make sure to keep the usernames consistent as well throughout all platforms so your future fans can find you! Keeping your influencer content separate also allows for seamless organization and presents an easier channel for brands, agencies and other influencers to get a hold of you for partnerships and collaborations!
BY: MAC PATEFIELD January 7, 2021